Saturday, June 05, 2010

Good Luck with That

“In a mucked up lovely river,
I cast my little fly.
I look at that river and smell it
and it makes me wanna cry.
Oh to clean our dirty planet,
now there's a noble wish,
and I'm puttin my shoulder to the wheel
'cause I wanna catch some fish.”
Greg Brown, Spring Wind

This is not my regular everyday post about gardens. I found somebody else who feels the same heartsickness about the oil spill that I do. I have no idea if these people are crazies or journalists. But I also don’t know if I’m crazy, so we're all in good company.

“Louisiana will be the new Bhopal…. This is what it means to get the government off the backs of big business…. You wanted deregulation? You're soaking in it. “
Read the full post here.

1 comment:

chaiselongue said...

It seems far away to us in Europe, but still so sad, such an environmental disaster resulting from human beings' ridiculous need for oil and big business's ridiculous need for profits at any cost to everything else. Thanks for the Unknown News link - I like what they say. If that's nutty, then so am I!