Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Guest Update from the Midwest


Just a quick post to illustrate the typically indecisive weather in SE Michigan this fall. The glowing maples show the height of their color on Nov. 1, and our increasingly frequent frosty nights have elicited a growing redness in the leaves of the dwarf azalea in the second photo. But daytime temperatures have also gotten up to 70 degrees this month, which has the bulbs confused. Beneath the azalea, note the tender, spring-green tips of a sure-to-be-disappointed daffodil. Poor baby.

3 comments:

Weeping Sore said...

The maple is amazing. I remember standing at your bedroom window the night before I left, looking at the tree and trying to memorize the colors and shapes. It looks even more lovely now.
I'll be posting w/ some of my MI pics after I dig out the e-mail backlog.
We've had temps in the high 80s during the day and the heat comes on at night. I would love to see some rain...

oldcrow61 said...

What gorgeous colours on that maple.

Norma said...

Most of our leaves have dropped here in central Ohio but those red maples are just not giving up. I saw one just like this on my walk today.