Friday, September 22, 2006

Te audire no possum: musa sapientum fixa est in aure


Today, I sought peace in my garden, and looked for meaning in the drops of dew on the pumpkins. I even rinsed with a clarifying shampoo, but no such luck. I’m as sad and angry as ever.

The U.S is unhappy with Iran, accusing them of meddling in Iraq. This is particularly vexing since Iran’s alleged meddling appears to be greatly hampering our meddlesome efforts there. Il Papa says Islam is violent. His remarks provoke violent Islamic protests that he could say such a slanderous thing. The leader of the free world thinks the best way to protect Freedom is for us all to sacrifice it to him. In London, some of the now ubiquitous lamp-post cameras can speak and listen to passersby.

God said blessed are the peacemakers, for - get this - they shall see God. No kidding? But don’t let these tests of faith shake you to your core. Recently, a man of God, performing a baptism was electrocuted during the procedure. His last prayer was “Surprise me, God”. http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47252

Behind these veils of randomness and cruelty, lurks a snickering God. It really doesn’t matter to me who wins the epic battle between disrespectful cartoons and free speech. It doesn’t matter to me whether creeping totalitarianism will swallow us all before the peacemakers blow us to smithereens. I can’t hear you, I have a banana in my ear.

No comments: